Wednesday August 12, 2015
63 degrees w/ 3 mph winds
Day 90

Well the storm has passed and the winds have calmed down but the seas still look strong as they crash into the rocks down at cobblestone beach.  I listened to the weather channel and they advised we were still under a small craft advisory till noon.  It is very foggy and I can hardly see the bird house in the yard. 
Just a little foggy today...thats the Tram and Birdhouse in our front yard

I went outside around 9am and found two of our benches turned over from the wind last night.  Set them up and realized I could see the water now.  I can still here the fog horn but it does look like it is starting to clear off.

It is now 10:30 am and the fog hour is no longer going off and it looks like it is going to clear off and be a pretty day. I went upstairs and found that the bathroom window had been left open all night during the storm and all the towels and wash cloths were wet from the rain coming in through that open window. So, here I go with all the towels and everything to the cloths line and hung everything out to dry.  Humidity is 99% so I don’t know how long it will take to dry them out good; but at least they are not sitting folded and trying to spoil due to the moisture. 

The WW were not able to come out this morning due to the weather.  Ethan brought T’Ann back with our groceries, water, laundry and inventory for the gift shop.

Only saw one sailboat with a couple come into the cove today. However I did see several large vessels out close to Seguin today.


Found a new word that we use in Texas that the Mainers looked at me funny.  We were talking about the color of Lab puppies.  Cyndy said the parents were both black, and then her and Anne both said something about they could still have different colored pups….Thats when I said, “they can and usually do throw a blonde or chocolate”….throw????  They had never heard throw used in that context.   Kind of like saying to a kid after talking to them on the phone….”I’m going to hang-up now”….hang-up what the kid ask?


Our little wagon that has been so helpful getting our supplies from the bottom to the top is in pain…the little front tires are bending and I’m not sure it can make another trip up the hill….guess we need to be thinking about a diet, cause hauling the food up is going to be almost impossible…..MAYBE…we can leave all the nonperishable items down in the Donkey House and only bring up the perishable items….then we can go “shopping” everyday down at the Donkey Engine House!!
 
This is a USCG Bouy Tendor Vessel...as the name suggest, they tendor the bouy's around Seguin
My find for the summer…..I went to Good Will and found a little coffee cup…"handmade", older looking…it was a dollar.  I didn’t really look at it till I was washing it.  It has Seguin on it….a Chowder Cup Race in 1996….I’m so stoked!


My Seguin Island....so stoked about this find!!
Pizza for lunch at 3:50….so we probably won’t eat any dinner.

Had six people come to see Seguin today, all came on their own boats. 

No dinner, just relaxed….big day tomorrow since we haven’t been able to get out of the house much.  Headed up the tower to dust the lens!
 
Seagulls dancing in the skies