Thursday August 13, 2015
62 degrees w/ 3 mph winds
Day 91

Went to bed last night with a headache and woke with one…no it's not Larry!

Woke to a beautiful day…yes they are all wonderful days!! The only way it could be better would be that all my family and friends were here with us.  Temperatures are fabulous, views…..360 degrees of some of Gods majestic work….the ocean which is LIFE.  Saw a t-shirt the other day… “Life Begins where the Sea Starts”…I would have bought it, but a man was wearing it!

Flying both the AMERICAN Flag and the Lighthouse Flag today…..it’s my Birthday!!!!  My "1st" Birthday was on Pond Island, which we have to pass by on the way to and from the mainland to Seguin.  So this Birthday is on Seguin Island.  Pretty SPECIAL!   
1st Birthday on Pond Island, Maine
At home we always put the Birthday cards over the sink in the kitchen...so that's what I did here on Seguin
Anne Morong, VP of F.O.S.I.L. made me a BLUEBERRY Birthday Cake!!! I’m in Maine with the most amazing man, on Beautiful Seguin Island, and I am having Maine Blueberry Birthday Cake….LIFE IS GOOD!  
 
Thanks Anne for my Wonderful Birthday Cake!
Lots of Birthday cards that I picked up yesterday while on shore and so many wonderful phone calls from my babies, family and friends.

Looking out the front windows of our summer home….I could get used to saying that, “our summer home” here in Maine.  The waves are high and are hitting the rocks below hard, the spray is high and I can hear them, seagulls are taking outside, the lobstermen are out tooting around, we’ve got the radio playing… “Our God is Greater” is playing, sailboats are already out and it isn’t even 8am yet.  Happy Birthday to ME!!! Blessed beyond my imagination!
 
Soda Fountain cup using it as a vase with something I found here on Seguin
 Now for Breakfast….Coffee and Birthday cake sounds good!

Had late visitors last night…they will be back this morning, they stayed in the cove last night.  It is ????? with another group of teenagers out sailing for a week.  He had the other group of kids from a couple of weeks ago.  Later they did arrive and they did bring our water up from the bottom of the hill…I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for them…not much, just a Thank You!  When they found out it was my birthday, they sang to me!!!!
Sweet bunch of young men and their counselors 

My phone is now up and working thanks to my oldest boy bringing his old phone to me….he brings me one and within two weeks I needed it!  YEAH!  Larry’s new phone isn’t working, will have to call AT&T and figure out what’s going on, but for now we do have a connection to the outside world. 
 
USCG Helicopter flew over today...thought it was going to land, but it kept heading out to sea
Visitors have been fast and furious today…not many sales though.  One family had been here several times, but always when no one was here, so they were glad to take the tours.
 
Guest enjoying lunch
Boys loving on Bandit
Girls having fun around the bell
Quick lunch of leftover pizza, quick because we had more visitors coming… a couple of visitors came up about 5 pm…they were kayakers that had come from Popham Beach….they said it only took them about 30 min…I’m impressed.  They sat out on our “sunset” bench for a while before heading back down.

Around 6:30 two men came up, they are two Germans from Switzerland.  The older man spoke English pretty good.  He had gone to the Sam Houston University in Huntsville, Texas.  The younger man spoke well, but the older man would sometimes repeat in their language…all that to say when the young man reached the top and looked out from the tower he said “WOW”….yep that’s what I say!
 
Our two guys from Switzerland....they LOVED the island!

Dinner…Birthday Dinner…..shish kabobs: steak, zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, onions….then some baked potatoes and a salad from my garden and  Blueberry Birthday Cake for dessert…..only thing missing is ice cream!  
Birthday Dinner

Going out and watch the meter showers...they will be spectacular...what a way to end my special day!
No words to explain the beauty of the sunset....